Monday, September 21, 2009

Just with in the last couple of weeks.......

On Friday the 11th we headed over to Panguitch to get ready for the Elk hunt. My mother came and got Kye and took him to Cannonville, and Jeff and I headed out to camp with Jeremy. We rode the wheeler up to where I was going to be scouting the next moring for the Elk we names Joey!!! it was so pretty you will see from the pictures, its the ones on the rock where you can see out over everything. That Next morning we woke up at 3:50 am and started out, I hiked up to the rock and waited for daylight to come, it was so cool you could hear the Elk, but I could not see them....then around 7:20 am I hear a gun shot then a bunch of yelling, I was sure it was Jeffrey and that he had made the kill. I hiked down to where he was at and sure enough he had got him, so we cut him up and packed him out, it was a lot of work but we made it! Now we have lots of meat to eat......Yeah!!!
At the Rock
Awesome sunset
Hiking to the Rock
High Five!!!
About 4:00 am....
Pictures in out camo
After the Hunt we come home relaxed, got things cleaned up, and then back to work for me!!! I went to a training at the hospital on wend the 15th and while I was there Jeff sent me a video text of Kye and he was crawling.........ya crazy I started to tear up a little I was sad I was not there to see it and because he is just growing up so fast! Here is a video of him from that day...he is a pro now though!

2 comments:

Lane, Amanda, and Mason said...

Nice Elk, my husband is JEALOUS! I can't believe how big Kye is getting he's crawling that's crazy :)

aelster02 said...

Kye is so cute! Just wait before you know it he'll be walking and getting into EVERYTHING. Enjoy him while he's little. Love the matching camo.